Digital footprint

Well what can I say. This really is scary stuff. When I googled myself my recent blogs relating to 23things digitsl came up third in the search results. A link to all my blogs were there for the world to see. Further down the search was an article relating to my social media (Facebook page) . Luckily the majority of my posts are 'private' so only family and friends can see them.
I was extremely surprised that all my internet actions leave some form of footprint eg,  online shopping , even using Google for research . This I found quite disturbing. When i download a file, watch a videa, visit a website, use everyday apps on my phone,even being tagged in someone elses posts. My life is not my own..I am glad there are certain thing I can do to help manage this like being more aware, making posts private, keeping my devices updated,making strong passwords etc.
Having a good understanding of digital footprints help us all in our personal and work life, by keeping all our online activity  relevant and confined to each subject.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leadership capability feedback tool

Why digital

Social media